magellan is looking to fill the following full-time position at the earliest opportunity for their place in Frankfurt:
System Engineer or Consultant for the Data Center Team (w/m/d)
We are looking for experienced system engineers or consultants (w/m/d) to join our Data Center Team and participate in the implementation of our projects. The primary tasks are Active Directory design and conception, authentication, certification, and access services for an Active Directory environment, Windows PowerShell scripting, cross-platform user and permissions administration, project management, and conceptual design in a technical environment. The Data Center Team works in IT infrastructure, where we take on challenging projects in WLAN, switching & routing, WAN connectivity & optimization, application delivery, and data center & cloud services, together. All activities are structured as projects, with a mixture of pre-sales/consulting, planning, and implementation, including opportunities to focus on preferred subject areas and specializations. If you feel at home in one of these areas, you have everything you need to get in touch.
Where you should live
The open position is regionally anchored to our Frankfurt place. However, you should be prepared for moderate travel to support our strong customer relationships.
What you need to bring with you
Our team is looking for:
- You should enjoy consulting and advocating solutions to admins and decision-makers
- Experience with
- Active Directory design and migration planning
- Active Directory basic services (DNS, DHCP, trust models)
- Microsoft Certificate Services
- Expertise with the Microsoft Communications environment (Exchange, Sharepoint)
- Group policy and permissions models
- Authentication and access services for the Active Directory environment, e.g. LDAP
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Cross-platform user and permissions administration
- Project management and planning
- Intuition for numbers and results, without needing to be a salesperson
- Communication skills, including within corporate structures
- Drive to experiment and learn new things
- Confidence to make independent decisions
- You should enjoy working in a team and with other teams
- Native-level German language skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Reasoning skills and good judgment
What we offer
Our team wants you to feel at home with us. That’s why we offer:
- Flat hierarchies and short pathways
- Exciting projects with well-known customers
- Personal responsibility and decision-making freedom
- Development opportunities and support
- Attractive compensation and perks such as fitness studio, shirt laundry service, workplace refreshments, and a company car
Tips for applications
- What do you want to learn from us? What can you help us with?
- What motivates you? How do you stay up-to-date with things? What practical experience do you have? We look forward to reading your answers to these questions in a personal statement.
- Changing careers? No problem! We are not interested in the perfect CV – we want to get to know the person behind the CV.
- Arbeitsproben? Zeig uns woran du gerade arbeitest, womit Du Dich beschäftigst.
- You can make it more pleasant for us to read your application by structuring it clearly and making sure that it is easily readable. If possible, avoid office formats or image files – stick to pdf. Only include relevant transcripts, certificates, and work samples – your internship back in 2002 is probably not relevant
Have we kindled your interest? We look forward to any detailed applications complete with all relevant documents. Please address your application to Björn Welling and send it to email@example.com. We will make sure it ends up in the right hands. Please state the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.