magellan is looking to fill the following full-time position at the earliest opportunity for its locations in Stuttgart, Cologne, Essen, Berlin, and Hamburg:
System Engineer in IT Security (w/m/d)
Who we are
Ever since magellan netzwerke GmbH was founded more than 25 years ago, we have been steadily growing. Today, we have around 200 colleagues, distributed across Germany’s most beautiful cities (http://www.magellan-net.de/de/kontakt/standorte.html). Despite our size and being spread throughout the country, everyone knows everyone, and we know how to use this fact to our advantage. We talk lots and prefer to find solutions together. As individuals, we treat everyone equally, from the CEO to trainees. Even though our employee numbers are rising, we continue to value short (decision-making) pathways and hierarchies that are as flat as possible. We are constantly trying to improve in everything that we do. We’re so successful at this that many of our colleagues have already celebrated 10 or 15 year anniversaries with the company.
Every single person is passionate about their work – and that’s what counts for us! Professional and personal development is not only desirable and encouraged, it’s part of your job. Whether you’re developing a personal speciality, expanding your knowledge on behalf of a customer, or tackling challenging technical problems: you’ll always learn something new working with us. Further development is more than just attending a training course once a year – it’s something that happens every day. The markets are changing, our competitors are changing, and technology is changing. That’s why we need colleagues with a positive approach to change who want to grow together as a team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for experienced system engineers to join our IT Security Team and participate in the implementation of our projects. Their primary responsibilities will include NextGen firewalls, WAF, DDoS protection, NextGen endpoint protection, reviews and concepts, audits/pentests, etc. All activities are structured as projects, with a mixture of pre-sales/consulting, planning, and implementation, including opportunities to focus on preferred subject areas and specializations. If you feel at home in one of these areas, you have everything you need to get in touch.
Where you should live
We are always looking to expand our workforce at each of our locations. We thrive on exchanges between colleagues, so living nearby one of our offices is a definite advantage. But if we click professionally and personally, there is nothing stopping us from making home office arrangements. The position listed here is specifically for Stuttgart, but we also have vacancies in Cologne, Essen, Berlin, Hamburg, and Karlsruhe.
What you need to bring with you
Our team is looking for:
- You should enjoy consulting and advocating a solution to admins and decision-makers
- Experience in one or more of the following areas
- NextGen firewalling with Palo Alto, Fortinet, and/or Checkpoint
- DDoS protection with Radware, Incapsula, F5, Arbor, etc.
- Web application firewalls by Imperva or F5 (ASM)
- Next Generation Endpoint Protection with Cylance, Palo Alto Traps, etc.
- Vulnerability management and security tests, e.g. with tenable, metasploit, social engineering, etc.
- Intuition for numbers and results, without needing to be a salesperson
- Drive to experiment and learn new things
- Confidence to make independent decisions
- You should enjoy working in a team and with other teams
- Native-level German language skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Reasoning skills and good judgment
What we offer
Our team wants you to feel at home with us. That’s why we offer:
- Flat hierarchies and short pathways
- Exciting projects with well-known customers
- Personal responsibility and decision-making freedom
- Development opportunities and support
- Attractive remuneration, a range of employee services and social benefits, e.g. refreshments at the workplace, free exercise in the gym, various educational opportunities, capital accumulation benefits, modern technological equipment, free parking place on site
Tips for applications
- What do you want to learn from us? What can you help us with?
- What motivates you? How do you stay up-to-date with things? What practical experience do you have? We look forward to reading your answers to these questions in a personal statement.
- Changing careers? No problem! We are not interested in the perfect CV – we want to get to know the person behind the CV.
- Arbeitsproben? Zeig uns woran du gerade arbeitest, womit Du Dich beschäftigst.
- You can make it more pleasant for us to read your application by structuring it clearly and making sure that it is easily readable. If possible, avoid office formats or image files – stick to pdf. Only include relevant transcripts, certificates, and work samples – your internship back in 2002 is probably not relevant
Have we kindled your interest? We look forward to any detailed applications complete with all relevant documents. Please address your application to Fabian Nöldgen and send it to email@example.com. We will make sure it ends up in the right hands. Please state the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.