magellan is looking to fill the following full-time position at the earliest opportunity for its locations in Cologne, Essen:
Security Analyst (m/w/d)
Do you have a burning passion for IT security? Do you want to help fortify our new Cyber Defense and Operations Center as a security analyst? Do you want to help protect our customers from cyber attacks?
You will enrich our support team in the following ways:
- Evaluate and investigate incidents from SIEM and security systems
- Forensic analysis of incidents
- Further develop our use case library
- Discover root causes and killchains
- Transform technical information into concrete recommendations for our customers
- Constantly improve security concepts for our customers
Above and beyond the job itself, if you value a team-oriented and comfortable working atmosphere, flat hierarchies, and excellent promotion opportunities, then you will feel right at home with us.
Following in the footsteps of our namesake, we have been boldly exploring and discovering new pathways in data communications since 1992, with more than 170 200 employees at 7 different locations. We specialize in designing, realizing, and maintaining complex corporate networks. We forge new paths for our customers through innovative technology and systematically exploit the opportunities and potential of their company. In doing so, we see ourselves as navigators and scouts for our clients. We discover new approaches and ideas and take advantage of them. And so we are exactly like our namesake, the great explorer Ferdinand Magellan.
What you need to bring with you
Our team is looking for:
- Motivation, a sense of responsibility, technical understanding, and rapid comprehension
- Willingness to learn lots
- Degree in computer sciences with a focus on IT security or similar education
- In-depth knowledge of firewalling, IDS/IPS, mail security, Windows machines, and LINUX/UNIX logs
- Confident operating common IT security tools and operating systems, fluent in regex, past member of a red/blue team
- Prior experience with Tenable, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Splunk
- Ideally, substantial work experience in pentesting, incident and malware analysis
- You should be customer-oriented with the ability to communicate openly
- Excellent German and English skills
What we offer
Our team wants you to feel at home with us. That’s why we offer:
- Diverse and challenging activities in an innovative, growth-oriented company
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making pathways
- Safe and attractive workplace
- Open-ended employment contract
- Performance-oriented payment
- A range of employee services and social benefits, e.g. refreshments at the workplace, Interfit sports program, various educational opportunities, capital accumulation benefits, modern technological equipment, free parking place.
Have we kindled your interest? We look forward to receiving a detailed application with all relevant documents with your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations.
Please make contact by email (only) at: firstname.lastname@example.org