magellan is looking to fill the following full-time position at the earliest opportunity for their site in Stuttgart:
Consultant in Data Analytics & Forensics (w/m/d)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for experienced system engineers or consultants (w/m/d) to join our technical team and participate in the implementation of our projects. Your primary responsibilities will include data analytics & forensics with Splunk (design, configuration, development), user & entity behavior analysis, and many other aspects of IT security (NextGen firewalls, WAF, DDoS protection, NextGen endpoint protection, reviews and concepts, audits/pentests, etc.). The IT infrastructure team takes on challenging projects in WLAN, switching & routing, WAN connectivity & optimization, application delivery, and data center & cloud services, together. All activities are structured as projects, with a mixture of pre-sales/consulting, planning, and implementation, including opportunities to focus on preferred subject areas and specializations. If you feel at home in one of these areas, you have everything you need to get in touch.
- Installation, connection, and configuration of routers
- Installation and connection of switches, WLAN APs, telephones
- Installation and configuration of Windows clients and peripherals
- On-site support and problem analysis
- Documentation of all activities
What you need to bring with you
Our team is looking for:
- You should enjoy consulting and advocating a solution to admins and decision-makers
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and IT security
- Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Administration of Linux/Unix systems
- Regex (regular expressions) syntax
- Usage and configuration of Splunk
- SIEM (Security Information & Event Management)
- Security automation & orchestration (e.g. Phantom)
- Scripting languages such as Microsoft Powershell, Linux shell, Python, or Java-Script
- General (web) software development
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and processes
- Strategy consulting
- General interest in big data and digitalization
- You should enjoy conceptual work
- Instinct for numbers and results
- Drive to experiment and learn new things
- Confidence to make independent decisions
- You should enjoy working in a team and with other teams
- Native-level German language skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Reasoning skills and good judgment
What we offer
Our team wants you to feel at home with us. That’s why we offer:
- Flat hierarchies and short pathways
- Exciting projects with well-known customers
- Personal responsibility and decision-making freedom
- Development opportunities and support
- Attractive remuneration, a range of employee services and social benefits, e.g. refreshments at the workplace, free exercise in the gym, various educational opportunities, capital accumulation benefits, modern technological equipment, free parking place on site
Tips for applications
- What do you what want to learn from us? What can you help us with?
- What motivates you? How do you stay up-to-date with things? What practical experience do you have? We look forward to reading your answers to these questions in a personal statement.
- Changing careers? No problem! We are not interested in the perfect CV – we want to get to know the person behind the CV.
- Arbeitsproben? Zeig uns woran du gerade arbeitest, womit Du Dich beschäftigst.
- You can make it more pleasant for us to read your application by structuring it clearly and making sure that it is easily readable. If possible, avoid office formats or image files – stick to pdf. Only include relevant transcripts, certificates, and work samples – your internship back in 2002 is probably not relevant
Have we kindled your interest? We look forward to any detailed applications complete with all relevant documents. Please address your application to Benjamin Tiggemann and send it to email@example.com. We will make sure it ends up in the right hands. Please state the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.